Thursday, October 16, 2008

Trying to keep my title so I'm open to suggestions

A few of our avid readers may recall when I took Grand Prize this Spring in the Worst Wife contest. Thank you to all who voted for me. Now my dear supporters, I fear that my actions yesterday may have put that title in jeopardy. Which is such a shame since I have so enjoyed admiring my trophy on it's mental mantle. 

Due to Dave's current redeployment ambitions the need for a good work truck has arisen. These plans and schemes involve raising honey bees, chickens, goats, butherching hogs and anything involving self-sufficiency. We might just throw in some lambs for Spitfire when she visit's. So yesterday I purchased a work truck. 

Now since you are seeing this for the first time Dave I must apologize for a few things. This truck is lacking a few aspects found in the Ford Ranger I/we sold. For instance things the Ranger had that the Chevy does not; limited seating, tiny cargo area and broken armrest. And then there's a few things this truck has that the last one wasn't hampered with. Such as a pesky tool box that will probably reduce the need to untangle the cargo net. Yes, that cargo net you like so much and repeatedly liken to Christmas lights in muttering tones. Another addition when compared to the Ford is the Heavy Duty towing package which will inevitably lead to hauling more things and helping people move. I realize the trade off is quite unequal. But I am trying to keep that trophy after all.

3 comments:

Spitfire said...

Holy Cow! You bought a truck!! That is very exciting. Way to be an independent woman. Also, I too plan on having bees and maybe some chickens, and one cow. This is so exciting to have so many things in common. Unfortunately, you will probably beat me to it, which will take away what I thought was original thought. Oh well. Just try not to rub it in, ok?

Anonymous said...

Wow! Dave is one lucky guy. It's not every guy who has a wife that will go out and buy a truck. Lucky, lucky, lucky.

Dave said...

You done good honey. I strip you (not literaly) of your title.