Thursday, October 23, 2008

Hey Four-Eyes!

Do I look smarter?


I went through a physical exam last week. In the past I have always got flying colors in every event. I am a perfect example in every aspect of human health and fitness. But this time when I got to the eye exam and the doc asked me to read line nine it went something like this-

Me: Um... right. There is no line nine.

Doc: Try line eight.

Me: Oh wait! I see it now. O, um ...I, um...another O,

Doc: Try line eight.

Me: Fine. Line eight says... um... ummm.

Doc: Try line seven.

Line seven! That's the best I could do. My near vision is still 20/20 but my farvision in my right eye has deteriorated significantly over the last year. Weird. Maybe that time in the 7th grade when I shined a laser directly into my eye from an inch a way to see what it looked like has finally caught up to me. The right one has always been a little off since then. Go figure. So now I have these glasses. They are hard to get used to but when I wear them stuff really pops out at me now, like numbers and letters and stuff. I don't think I will wear them very often, just when driving or shooting. Anyway- new toys are tons of fun, and yay for getting old.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of glasses. What I noticed from the picture more than your glasses was your hair. Didn't know you could have hair that long in the Army.

Valli said...

Super sexy.

Unknown said...

And then there's baby bird, who has 20/15. But he has reading glasses so it's all relative. Wait til you get to get bifocals. Nice.

Dave said...

cooldad- thanks. As for the hair, that is a story for another day.

valli- no you are!

coolmom- heaven forbid I ever need bifocals. That's just me though. You work that sexy stuff!

the firths said...

lookin' good, bro.
i was also wondering about the hair story...