Friday, May 2, 2008

A Tense Moment

A conversation I had recently with my wife:

Valli: I sold your motorcycle.


Me: That's great, sweetheart.


Valli: And your truck is gone, too.


Me: Wonderful. (pause) You're not going anywhere, are
you?


Valli: (laughs) No, honey.


Me: Oh. That's good.


Yes, the bike is gone, and the truck is gone. Valli sold them both within a few hours of posting them on craigslist. I am really going to miss my bike. I loved riding that thing. But it all for the greater good. And by that I mean getting out of debt as fast as possible. Financial freedom has been the theme of the deployment. That said- I'm hoping to get another ride when I get home.


AND....


Speaking of automobiles- We are proud owners of a new (to us) Mercedez-Benz 300 turbo diesel! Oh yeah! Our pimp ride is the envy of everyone who died before 1982.





My wife is awesome.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You wife is awesome. Did you know diesel gas is like $12 a gallon now?

Valli said...

45 MPG is nice.
And for clarification it was a mutual decision to sell both. I'm really hoping no one thinks that as soon as my husband leaves I sell all his toys.
Dave is already window shopping for his next motorcycle. I think it looks like Sirius Black's bike. Won't that be fun to go to church on! Now I just need to find that umbrella.

the firths said...

that car looks like it belongs in a movie. i'm sure you could work the superpseudospider and python into the film too. better start thinking about that.