Sunday, September 16, 2007

Mud, mud, glorious mud.


This was a big week for mud. On Tuesday, I got my truck stuck in the mud while taking on off-road trails in the back roads on post. "I just couldn't help myself" didn't seem like an acceptable explanation. The other Harrell was justifiably pissed, but she was still a great sport about the whole thing.  I called Brian to bail me out after my co-worker Kenny and I spent a couple hours digging, rocking and making a mess. Good times. Friday night the Wife and I went rappelling at Kings Point Bluff, and Saturday we went caving in Austin Peay (pronounced "pee") cave. Again... lots of mud. It was really awesome. However, something about my wife is extremely attractive to bats. Every few minutes she would make some comment about getting blasted in the face by the wing beats. I hardly saw one the whole night. What can I say.

The opening in the cave was out in the middle of a cow field. It had a pit type entrance that a couple of the guys fast roped down and the rest of us rappelled in. There was no dead dog bones at the bottom of this one, but a whole cow. Pretty amazing. Enjoy the pictures. Also, I am getting seriously tired of calling my wife "the Wife". I just can't take it anymore. It's so stupid.  
Your suggestions for a new interent code-name are extremely welcome.




Kenny, the really good sport.




Brian, my hero!




Me and that girl.




Christine and whats-her-name taking a break.




I don't know how she managed to stay this clean.




Eternal caving companions.  James and Tammy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Got your NOT 4X4 truck stuck in the mud while off-roading. Huh...who'd a thunk that could happen?

I have an alternate name for "The Wife". Try Valli. That's a cool internet name. Hey, it's a cool real name. If we were still having kids, I'd name my next daughter Valli. Or after looking at those mud pics and the bat comment, you could try "Mud Hen" or how about "Bat Girl?

Dave said...

Funny you should pick Valli. i thought of that as well, but she didn't like it. Maybe Mud Hen.

Valli said...

Phunny, ha ha.

coolmom said...

I vote for "Valli".

You couldn't pay me to do that dirty stuff.

Anonymous said...

Good thing that's not her real name! I could share with you her real name but then I would get my buns chewed up by an evil curse of bats if I were to tell. I dont like the valley girl though, its too ... well, you get the point. As for a code name I vote for Victoria because apparently she's just one big secret! I bet Dave hasnt even found her secret.