Wednesday, October 29, 2008

"Always go to the bathroom when you have a chance." King George V

Here is the much requested unveiling of the new Harrell Bathroom:
This may not appear as much of anything to those that have not been in our home as of yet. But when compared to the baby diaper yellow abomination that was our previous shower of despair;
it is the transformation a butterfly envies.
Now there are few ends yet to tie. Such as towel hangers, toilet paper holder, light above the sink, etc. There's just so many options, what's a girl to do? Soon I shall settle on one and we will stamp it complete. As much as I love the newish bathtub I think my favorite feature is the window and the natural light it brings in.
With the added floor space we gobbled up from one of the bedroom closets there is now direct access into the master bedroom.
I accepted an offer from our ward missionaries to lend a hand for their service project this week and they were so helpful! It was amazing the work we got done. I have door handles in the bathroom! Locks are great! And there was some ceiling scraping going on. See all that dust! I was able to scrape off the rest of the popcorn torture/texture this evening. That's one more room down four more to go. Ceilings that is.
The elders hacked a path through the back jungles of our property as well. See how out of control this Tennessee landscaping is? Any suggestions on how to keep it at bay. Besides not running away to Alaska (which reminds me of a Calvin and Hobbes cartoon) for five months in the middle of summer. I already thought of that one thank you very much. The elders are behind that growth somewhere with a weedwacker.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice! I'm surprised Southern Living isn't featuring your new bathroom in the lastest edition! Suddenly I just want a shower!

the firths said...

Wow! Great job on the bathroom- no offense to those that like baby poop yellow

Dave said...

Yet another reason why Valli is the best wife ever.

Laci J said...

May I just say that is one Sexy Poo Room. I love the new vanity set, super HOT!! You totally free'd up some good space in there. Window's a good choice too. Good job! See what women can do w/o their hubbies, hehe!