Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Sold Out



"I hope this movie is really good since we are going to hell for seeing it",
I whisper to my wife as we snatch two REALLY good seats in the local theatre mega-plex. We went to see Transformers last night. We arrived 15 minutes before our show started but it was sold out. So were the next 3 showings- which meant bumming around for 2 hours, or getting creative. Not that creative. We just bought tickets for a different movie and went into the sold out show. I only felt bad because I am supposed to have grown out of doing stuff like that, and my wife was with me. She's above baser things. Only once the show started the place was only three quarters full! So I didn't feel bad at all after seeing that. I think everyone outside waiting their two hours would be a little indignant if they knew that "sold out" didn't really mean it. If not we felt indignant for them. Does anyone know why theatres do that?
(Ha! Asking a question like anyone is actually reading this! Silly Dave.)

And oh- its was worth it. So worth it! We loved that movie. When we came out into the parking it wasn't full of cars. It was full of Autobots and Deceptacons. Except for ours, it's a sport bike and there were no motorcycle transformers- sad. We both stood next to it for a few seconds thinking the same thing: "GO!"
Maybe it's the transformers best kept secret, or they are waiting to but it in the sequel. Oh, I hope so. We love our bike.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, so why would you go to hell for watching this? Unless, uh, it's, rated R! OH MY!!! At least you dont have a broken arm!! Just to let you know, it SUCKS!!!

Anonymous said...

So is that you or Valli in the costume?