Monday, July 2, 2007

A Few Of My Favorite Things.

Saturday afternoon I went to the Land Between the Lakes Rec area with my wife and some friends. While there we played in the lake, went off-roading, grilled some brats and roasted some mallows. I brought some fireworks with me because- it's always the right time for fireworks. We used the bottle rocket sticks to roast marshmallows. Naturally that evolved into the shooting of marshmallows into the air. The culmination of our mallows and explosives combo was marshmallow grenades.

Step one- Cram a stick of water dynamite or M-5000 (toned down M-80) into a large marshmallow
Step two- Light
Step three- Count to 4 and throw

The result is an explosion of flavor. Have fun dodging flying shards of fluffy goodness. It's so easy a child could do it. Um but they shouldn't.
I think this is one of the better ideas I have ever had. Not just because it is fun, but because it combine two treasured summer traditions into one.
I am not done with the evolution of this new novelty either. I am planning a PVC marshmallow grenade launcher blowgun. I wish my digital camera was working. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Goodness......u MUST be haveing fun over there, if ur lighting marshmellows on fire. But then again i dont think u guys ever bieng BORED, i can hardly imagen THAT ever happening.....specually with all that house work..... ur not bored, ur obsessed!