Thursday, February 7, 2008

Picnic

arnToday while hiding from tedius crap-work I decided to break in my newly inheirited blender. I've been preparing for ths moment by taking pocketfulls of ingredients from the dining facility (hereafter known as the 'defac'). A burning wire smell filled the room but- thats what fans are for. They turned out really good and I shared with my friends. One brought out some homemade cookies, Jack Johnson and a string of pineapple and palm-tree shaped christmas lights. We had a regular little picnic up in the hanger. The smoohties were tart but good.

Here's the recipie- if anyone wants to know.
  • 3 single-serving sized cups of yogurt, 2 peach and 1 mixed berry- mostly frozen
  • 2 apple juice boxes
  • 1 styrofoam take-home box of ripe/nearly ripe peaches and apricots

Cut fruit into one-inch cubes with leatherman or similar multi-tool, put back in box and freeze. Throw everything into the blender and whip for 1 minute. Open window and turn on fan. Keep fire extinguisher close by- just in case. Makes 5 servings

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Dave, I'm so glad you have learned to appreciate fire safety. I look forward to more recipes from your blog. Great post!! Love, Mom

Valli said...

I'm grateful that you actually have a fire extinguisher. Let us all know what milkshakes you create. Those are always fabulous.