Monday, October 15, 2007

We Got Skills

Saturday morning me and Valli were working on our rock climbing skills.  Part of our emergency preparedness plan requires honing our superhero skills.  Good emergency prep requires a wide arsenal of skills.  Arrows in the quiver- so to speak. Such as finance skills, proper documentation skills, first aid skills, food storage skills.  Those are the foundation. Excellent emergence prep skills are what we are working on currently.  These are the super-hero skills.  Aggressive driving skills, hand-to-hand combat skills, spearfishing skills, numchuk skills.  That kind of thing.

Anyway.  We had a great time at King and Queen Bluff park.  Wiff and Sam were our trainers. They are two of our friends from church who come here and climb all the time. They are both really really good.  Valli and I have been here a bunch of time to practice the super-hero skill of rappelling, but we haven't got into climbing yet.  Wiff and Sam let us use their shoes and showed us how to Lead climb the right way.  We both wanted to stay a lot longer but I had to work all afternoon with the paramedics, and all night in the emergency room.  Which is a completely different story for another time.

Now I am going to take a page from Ed and ask- What are your super-hero skills?



Like a pro.



"This is hard."




"This is so easy!"



Valli is checking out my butt ...again.



This is Sam.  She is a lot better than I am, which makes me sad.



This is Sam's husband Wiff.  Wiff kicks butt.  We are very sad though because he is living this week for a 6 month business trip to the sandbox.  Not only are we deprived of his company and expertise, but now I have to go buy my own shoes.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

We watched Napoleon on Saturday. So funny. I have eyes in the back of my head skills and super lung capacity. Do those things count?

Dave said...

Heck yes. Those are way good superhero skills.

Anonymous said...

Ryan & I are working on our cop tactic skills for the second coming when we have ward off all the scary people that want our food storage. For FHE we copied the APD Physical Agility Test.
You have to jump over a 5' wall, run 1/4 of a mile, climb 5 flights of stairs up and down, jump 4 feet horizontally, drag a 165 lbs. mannequin 50 ft. then shoot an unloaded revolver six times with each hand, wearing a bullet-proof vest and a 7 lbs. weight belt in less than 4 min.
Apparently I have jumping over a 5' wall skills more so than the dragging a man after the run and stair climb, but I did it all in 3 min and 56 sec. YAY ME!! Unless Lisa lied about my time. Unfortunately, at 3 min. and 57 sec. I collapsed on the freezing ground where I couldnt move for an hour as my lungs were in shock and not liking the cold air, and my stomach regretting eating so much dinner only minutes earlier. Its now 3 days later and I'm still recovering! But I got cop skills! Oh, Ryan made it in 2 min. and made me look like an undernourished, unhealthy, clumsy guinea pig attempting to conquer the exercise wheel and failing miserably. I'm sooo proud of him! No sarcasm added!

Valli said...

Laci you are my hero!
And Ryan you rock!

Anonymous said...

Got another skill! For date night Ryan & I bought a couple airsoft guns and accessories such as a 5" target that's sticky so when you shoot the bb's they slide right down into the tray, and some glow in the dark bb's. We're still practicing our cop tactic skills, this would be trigger finger combat skills, and how much pain can you gain skills. We originally bought them to shoot eachother with ... but its so much more fun to storm the neighbors house and shoot THEIR guests. Plus carrying around a gun under your clothes gives you that toasty warm feeling inside, now I know what that Geico gecko was talking about...

Anonymous said...

Scott & Sher Say:

Way Awesome guys, that's cool. Anything new going on?