Sunday, September 30, 2007

I sold my soul to the Devil


...and all I got was this lousy certificate.

So, I have re-enlisted with the Army. My new get-out date is Sept 26th 2011. That's two and a half years after my return from this up-coming deployment. Well, that certificate isn't all I got either. I get the peace of mind that comes from knowing that my family will be sheltered and fed for another 4 years. Also, any kids we have in that time will be paid for. So, Go Army, or Army Strong, or Army of One, or whatever they say these days. Army slogans are gay. Whenever I hear one i think, "You should've Aimed High." Oh well. One other good thing born of my additional three year enslavement is that I am getting a change in job. I will be moving away from sick-call and into air medivac. I am excited about that. That's the biggest perk. Anyway- things are going well. "Bat-Girl" Valli has been really supportive and hasn't shown any signs of depression or leaving/killing me. I appreciate everyones congratulations and condolences.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on doing some constructive with your life and getting paid for it. I am so proud of the fact that I sleep safer at night because of you!!! Be safe. XXXXOOOO

Bryan & Bobbie said...

Congrats! I am glad you are happy about the decision to re-enlist.

Anonymous said...

sweet man. sweet. Congrats-

the firths said...

good on ya, bro. what's your new job entail? sounds like a good move. congrats on the decision