Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A Terrific Athlete.

No, not the Homestar Runner. And not me either. If I hadn't broken my camera doing something silly you would see me standing with Mr. Lance Armstrong. Instead you can see a picture of two very fuzzy people and my word that it's us. But it is. He and Robbin Williams stopped by our little patrol base the other day to say hello. They probably had a more organized agenda than that, but I don't know what it was. But it was neat to meet them and chat for a minute.

Posting a picture of a fuzzy man that I say is Lance Armstrong is my way of announcing to The Internet that I have officially started my pre-training training for the marathon I am running on April 30th in Nashville. Today I went to a spin class to ease in with some low impact endurance exercise. Low impact my butt. My heart nearly exploded! Our danish cycling instructor had us going up and down hills and pyramids and fighting pirates and all kinds of craziness. How all that was accomplished on stationary bikes is hard to explain. Like the photo, you just have to believe me: there were pirates. Tomorrow its going to be a 5 or 6 mile jog. Like I said, easing into it.

I'm following the Furman Institute of Running Science and Training program for my race prep- I know you're all dying to know that. Three run days a week, two or three days and week of low-impact cardio. I'll post how its going on Facebook so anyone who wants to can follow along with the agony and the ecstasy. It would be great if one of you readers out there took the plunge with me! Your not dead yet, but you aren't getting any younger either- Go for it!! The real training starts on January 8th, 16 weeks before race day.

Peace out.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

LUCKY!

Ed said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ed mcculloch said...

That is rad!

Laci J said...

I've been taking cycling classes lately and let me tell you... they dont get ANY easier! They get worse! They continue to make you wanna through up, then die, then throw up again! But if you're drinking any kind of caffeinated beverages you better quit, trust me you'll feel much better after just one day of not drinking soda or anything else that contaminates you... I havent gotten that far!

Valli said...

Your daughter started babbling Da-da-da when she saw this picture. It must not be too fuzzy.

pg slot said...

pg slot 6g มาแรง ที่สุด ในตอนนี้ เป็นเรื่องที่น่าสนใจอย่างมากในวงการเกม PG สล็อตออนไลน์ในปัจจุบัน ซึ่งมีการพัฒนาและนวัตกรรมที่ทันสมัยเข้ามาเพื่อให้ผู้เล่นได้สัมผัสประสบการณ์การเล่นที่ยิ่งใหญ่และเพลิดเพลินไปกับความตื่นเต้น