Thursday, September 17, 2009

The baby shower

My baby shower was over a month ago. This post was started two weeks ago. I think it might be time to actually post it.
My wonderful friend Christine, above, had the shower at her place assisted by Tracy, below. Good times were had by all. With the best food. Christine made delicious cupcakes full of happiness and sunshine. They were topped with a butter cream frosting that must have contained an illegal substance judging by all the joyous outbursts coming from those who consumed as many of the treats as could be shoveled into their mouths. Alas, I do not have a close up shot of those amazing confections to share with you all.
Everyone was so generous and we had a lot of fun oohing and ahhing at the cutest stuff. Baby things are just adorable. Can we get any cuter than baby socks and booties? I'm actually looking forward to doing laundry while those are in the mix.


Matching baby pictures with their owners was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be. Knowing what these women's children looked like did not give me an advantage like I haughtily assumed. Sadly I didn't have any baby pictures of my own too contribute. But I was on the board as a little girl about 3 yrs. old I think. It's the one with the big black exposure mark along the bottom.


This event provided me with an opportunity to finally make some cake pops that I've been dying to try for months. I opted for the block shape. I don't recommend right angles on your first try but it was fun and I was happy with the end result. These were the devils food version. My kitchen took about three days to recover and it was worth every mess.


Thank you, Christine. Thank you, Tracy. Everyone had a great time.

3 comments:

coolmom said...

I wish I could've been there but I am so happy for you and that you had so much fun. Good friends are the best! And presents aren't bad either!

deerhollow said...

Sounds like fun. I've had a blast peeking around at old posts and laughing my head off at some of the video footage here!

Love you guys!!

Anonymous said...

Valley!!! you look so sooo, Your beuatiful. I miss you guy's. I hope everything is going well for you... I call the house every other day just in case to find out if im an uncle yet.. "uncle Spencer"... ya.. im going to be such a bad ass uncle. Well Im in the Philippines right now. Trying to keep busy. Im rebuilding my girls resturant well... i should re write that.. im paying for the rebuilding.. im on vaction,.. im not working..lol. But ill be back in Alaska here in about a month or so. And since i work two weeks on two off I will be coming down to see you here not to long. Love you sis. Spencer. Good luck