Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Tired of Rock and Roll

... but only because what goes for 'rock and roll' these days is crapangrywhiteboynoise. I've been threatening to switch brands for a while if things didn't get better and they haven't. I can't believe I'm writing this- I listen to country. At first I only did it when I couldn't find anything on all the rock stations, but now I have half the pre-sets on country station and I have it on about 70% of the time.

Looking back I'm not really surprised. There were signs. Like the hunting, camping, and fishing. The gardening and the beekeeping. And most of my friends are red-necks. My life's ambitions are to work with animals, have a ton of kids and live on a ranch out in the boonies. Those are all fairly rednecktastic themes so it only makes sense that eventually I'd pick up on redneck music.

I still love good rock though. And if someone ever starts making good rock and roll I'll definitely listen to it.

5 comments:

cooldad said...

I. I..don't have words. Sniff

Valli said...

I know, Cooldad. Right!
What...
I thought this was a phase he might be going through. Sadly it doesn't look that way. Thankfully we read to each other while in the car. This way I am subjected to this conversion only as long as it takes to change the station as we swap vehicles.

CoolBoy said...

Oh my gosh.
Today sucks.

deerhollow said...

there is still lots of great OLD stuff! I fear for the moment when Bradola reads this.

the firths said...

tsk tsk tsk. there's still more space to explore before you go down that road my friend. maybe you need a sponsor or something.

Modern radio-rock definitely sucks and is nothing short of craptastic. My solution: no radio. but if you HAVE to be converted completely- what about blues, jazz, metal, classical? There's still hope. Somewhere, somehow.