Tuesday, June 10, 2008

This is how crazy starts.

I've been trying to go to sleep for the past two hours and it just isn't working. It's because I took a nap at 6 in the evening because I was dead tired and felt sick to my stomach. Crap.

Anyway, I've been tossing and turning for hours and I keep thinking about pizza. I was watching a show with some friends this afternoon, and one of the characters was eating pizza. Before we were laughing and joking but when the pizza appeared- silence. And sadness mixed with lust. Is there a word for that? So I decided I would have pizza for dinner. On the line at the chow hall there are always these little 4 inch mini pizza things. I got one and ate one bite. Then I just looked at it for a few minutes and thought about how I am coming home in 17 days and will eat pizza every single day. Then I took a second bite from the opposite side. I guess I was hoping that side would actually taste like something close to pizza instead of cardboard. But it didn't.

There is actually a pizza-hut here thats operated by AAFES. It's better than the crap in the chow hall but it's way overpriced, it's half the size of the american kind, and the cheese has this weird fish taste/smell that lingers in your mouth for several house afterwards. I can eat 3 small slices if I'm hungry, but I feel sick after that.

So, this is where I'm at. Here is a list of things I would literally do for a real pizza right now.

1. Run 50 miles.

2. Drink urine.

3. Pay up to 100 dollars.

4. Rip out a fingernail -they grow back.

5. Stab a small defenseless furry animal to death- excluding puppies.

6. Watch Stepmom. Twice!

7. Let the other medics practice using the defibrillator on me. Once.

8. Give up showers for a month.

9. Stomp on a nail barefoot

10. Vote for Hillary. If it got me a pizza- I'd do it. Sorry, Earth.




sigh. Back to work on that sleep thing.

By the way. Somebodys start leaving comments!

pretty please.

8 comments:

Jenny said...

I ate pizza for dinner!

Lindsay said...

I 'll leave you a comment!
You H's are so funny- i love reading your blogs. Are you in Iraq? Bryce went there a couple years ago, and one of the favorites I guess was fighting camel spiders and scorpions. I can't remember which one won.
Take care fellow alaskan at heart :)
lindsay o (weight)

Anonymous said...

wow if you would do all that for pizza you got to be desperate. by the way hillery clinton isnt running for president anymore. well i never watched stepmom before but by the way you talk about it i dont think i am going to watch it. well goodbye dave, hugs and ......well no kisses but lots and lots of hugs bye. marky.

Dave said...

YAY! Comments. I love comments. I think I can hold out now. Thanks guys.

Jenny- Good for you! Way to exercise that freedom. I'm so jealous!

Lindsay- Hi! Long time no see. I'm going to your blog directly.

Marky- What do you mean no kisses?

Anonymous said...

Dave, you can have my kisses. Maybe you could leave a list of things you'd do for all my kisses.

I think tonight I'll eat an honorary slice for you.

-Brady

Valli said...

Mooses Tooth, Bears Tooth, Popa Johns and Pizza Man are all on the list now. See you soon Honey.

Laci J said...

Ya know Dave I took psychology and the fact that you would be willing to stab a poor innocent animal to death shows some major issues. When you come up here I'm putting you through a couple sessions of counseling. That will be my payback to you for all the medical advice you've given us. BTW, my counseling involves the great outdoors, our spouses, and really good food... maybe pizza!

Nemesis said...

Can I come to Pizza Man with you guys? Because now I'm craving summa that too!