Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Over the Rainbow

While visiting family on our vacation Dave was introduced to color coded bookshelves. Within hours of our first day back from the trip I discovered Dave had all of our books in piles around our home sorted by color. Here is the result:



The other evening a few friends pointed out that with the chromatic change James Talmage “Jesus the Christ” was located next to Dan Brown “Angels & Demons.”




Dave went so far as to differentiate between bookshelves. One dedicated to manuals and textbooks vs. Novels and everything else. Thus we have two rainbow effects in our living room.




The only thing spared this pigment classification was our Lemony Snicket series. It was afforded this privilege due to the display box created for them back in April shortly after we finished reading them to each other (our favorite pastime).



It even has the Lemony Snicket logo on each side. Thanks to the Army’s generous handouts of camo face paint. Go Army! Or something.



 

4 comments:

Nemesis said...

Hey, niiiiice! :-)

Unknown said...

Very hip, chic, and downright cool. I wonder how long it will stay that way?

Valli said...

I don't see it surviving the next living room reorganization. However, I have two bedrooms to paint and a hot water heater to plumb in. So they might last till the second coming.

Anonymous said...

Or they might last till we show up and turn them into an organized crazy mess just to give you something to do. When I go into your house I'll see to it that it will be the first thing I do to find that bookshelf and take a book here and put it there, take this and put it in the lemony snickets box, mix some red with some green and so on. I'll make it a fashion statement. Because honestly, where's the fun in color coded bookshelves, who doesnt do that? Now if we make some what of a design with the colors, that's unique. Wow, I cant believe I had that much to say about something as random as color coded book shelves, it still seems a little odd to me.