Friday, August 13, 2010

Aspiring Carpenters

Dave and I have tried our hand at some woodworking recently.

Here is the tower of a bed that Dave made.There happened to be some excitement his first night sleeping on this skyscraper. As I understand it, Dave was jolted awake around 3am by a monstrous crash. A roommates bed frame failed and the poor guy fell to the floor. Mattress and all. Thankfully Dave's mad skills have kept him and his creation in the rafters so far.

I've got a couple wood projects going at the moment. The one that is functioning is a cover I built for our garbage cans. Even though the doors are not finished it keeps the rain off. This has made it possible for me to move our recycling bins out of our tiny shoebox of a house and retain a sliver of sanity. When I finish the doors I might update it here.












5 comments:

Laci J said...

WOW!! Hey good job there sis! You were always the one with the mad carpenter skills, I had to marry a carpenter for stuff like that. WIsh I had your talent tho.

Anonymous said...

Very impressive Valli. It looks professional. So where do you go to build? Last year when I helped frame in the shop, ya, that was the first thing I ever framed in. It was so cool. Now I can help with the house. Mom

Valli said...

Mom, there's a woodshop on post that is wonderful. While the guys are deployed there's few patrons. The retired guys that run it know thier stuff and are super helpful.

Kim Herrington said...

Reminds me of the bed frame my freshman year of college. The very first night I slept on it all of the support beams that ran across to hold up the mattress fell but my mattress, being as hard as a rock, stayed up with only two left. I slept on the floor that night...

deerhollow said...

Could I please place an order? What a fantastic idea!! Fun peeking in at your blog.
Hugs!!

LOve the tower Dave! Still laughing about the poor dude who fell in the night!