Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Blooming Blossoms

While raving about how our flowers are doing this year to Dave he requested pictures. Here you go Love.
A woman in the ward gave us these two tone Irises. I love them! A sneaky white one made it's way into this batch as well.
Dave bought these Narcissus last year. They are gorgeous. This group is under our red bud tree. Which had some blooms on it this year. I didn't get any pictures of it. Bummer. I appropriated the red bud starts from an abandoned farm house our first year here. They have tripled in height in three years.
Dave sent this rose bush to me during his last deployment. They have taken off.
Again these Irises were a gift from a coworker two years ago. Thanks Bo! It's hard to tell from this picture but we've got five colors in this patch. White, pink, two tone purple, lavender and yellow. The yellow ones are still thinking about emerging. I guess they don't want to steal the show.

We will miss all our flowers when we move. It has been one of the perks of living in Tennessee.

5 comments:

Laci J said...

I can't help it, it's sooo beautiful!

coolmom said...

They are lovely Valli. A friend gave us iris's when we lived in CA. I didn't realize how expensive they were until I tried to buy some a few years ago. You might want to consider digging them up and taking them with you.

Valli said...

I am thinking about taking them with us. I need to find out how well they will do in Oregon. Dooming them to misery or death is not a fate I wish for them. I will just give them away if we can't take them.

lil Rebel Child♥ said...

Lovely, loverly, lovin, flowers :) sooo pretty. Like you! loves <3

Valli said...

Aww, thanks.