Sunday, August 26, 2007

Fruits of our Labors.


So, here is an update on the garden situation.
Gardening is a lot harder than I thought it was going to be.  We are battling record high temperatures, drought, birds, legions of ants, groundhogs, birds, cats, and hardcore gardening ignorance.  And yet- we have actually managed to reap a little of what we have sown.



We have really lucked out on this stuff.  Cantaloupe loves Tennessee.











Everything we have eaten so far has been Delicious!  I half expected that everything would just die.  It was quite the pleasant surprise when stuff started growing!

Does anyone know any tricks to getting rid of night-time garden visitors- short of shooting them?  Not that I would mind, but I don't stay up that late.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A fence. A scarecrow. A motion light. A dog. All of the above.

coolmom

Jenny said...

I love the garden photos! Everything looks so good! We've been eating tomatoes and zuchinni out of our friend's garden and I don't think I ever want to eat another store bought tomato ever again.

Dave said...

ya, next time we definatley going with a scarecrow and zuchinnis. Those are the two things they didnt have at Wal-mart. Also tomato cages.